To diagnose malfunctions in production machinery and equipment. Repair and maintain machinery and equipment in accordance with blueprints, schematic drawings, operations manuals and manufacturer's specifications. May set up and operate metal working machinery and tools, such as lathes, drill presses, and grinders to make and repair parts. Performs preventive maintenance on all the plastic extrusion lines and related equipment.
Experience and Education:
Over two years experience in a maintenance. Must have a high school diploma or GED. Post-secondary certificate preferred.
Able to lift 50 to 100 pounds at various times, depending on the job at hand. Reaches overhead about 10% of the day. Squats, kneels, bends, walks and stands about 70% of the day and sits about 20% of the day. Sitting is while working on the computer with parts listing, entering records and other maintenance work.
Reports directly to the Maintenance Manager and then to the Executive Vice-President of Operations.
Works closely with the Production Manager and production Supervisors.
· Disassemble machinery and equipment to remove parts and make repairs;
· Examine parts for defects, such as breakage and excessive wear;
· Repair and replace broken or malfunctioning components of machinery and equipment;
· Clean, lubricate and adjust parts, equipment and machinery;
· Repair, replace, adjust and align components of machinery and equipment;
· Test-runs on repaired machinery and equipment to verify adequacy of repairs;
· Fabricates replacement parts;
· Welds to repair broken metal parts, fabricate new parts, and assemble new equipment;
· Orders or requisitions parts and materials;
· Repairs and replaces electrical wiring and components of machinery;
· Enters codes and instructions to program computer-controlled machinery;
· Records repairs and maintenance performed;
· Required to be on a rotating "call out" schedule;
· Keeps maintenance department clear and organized by replacing used tools and equipment;
· Confers with operators and observes, tests, and evaluates operation of machinery and equipment to diagnose cause of malfunction;
· Working knowledge of electrical, electronics, hydraulics, pneumatics, PLC Programming and troubleshooting;
· Responsible for troubleshooting and repairing mechanical and electrical devices on production lines and providing support in a timely manner;
· Working knowledge of installation of wiring for all types of motors, inspection of bearings, pulleys and drive items, machine control circuits, electrical controls, electrical controls, circuits and shop equipment
· Perform all other duties as assigned or needed by the management of MSE.
MSE proudly provides a very competitive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, and 401k retirement benefits.
Mid South Extrusion is an equal opportunities employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.